Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blogging from beside a cool mountain stream

PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. --- We arrived yesterday at a campground in Eastern Tennessee and immediately found a family of interesting ducks to follow. They were much more interested in us of course after we arrived on the back with the leftovers of our Cracker Barrel French Toast. Pictures will follow soon.

We are in a campground, but we are more Mobile Homing rather than camping. I guess you could call it Home Roaming too, since we are staying cozy and cool inside an RV that almost seems bigger than my house. Its nice to stay in, but I'm looking at doing a bit more camping and hiking later on this summer.

We are contemplating changing our route slightly since my cousin Sharon is getting married on Sept. 6 and I am hoping to be there for the wedding. We've just got to figure on when and where we can go to catch up with all the family and friends we are hoping to see along the way. 

Have I mentioned my series on Creation? I am preparing for an art show in October where I am going to unveil a series of illustrations and essays about the beginning of history. That being said, I have one 14x17 illustration on "In the Beginning of God's Creating ... " that has been started at mom's house, which I chose not to bring on this leg of the trip, but I successful broke the rest of the first seven days into 16 manageable illustration sections covering Genesis 1:1 - 2:3. I did my original sketches of 8 of them yesterday on our trip to the mountains, and gathered all the pertinent scriptures I'll be using for both the illustrations and the essays.

So here we are, less than 3 hours away from our near-future home on the other side of a mountain range ... if you close your eyes and block out all the tourist, it almost smells like home.

No comments: